Andy shared some interesting nuggets tied specifically to brain science and web marketing. Here are some of the fun things I learned or was reminded of that may also be of value to you.
9 Brain Science Truths and Other Takeaways from a Great Seminar
1. List order is all about the beginning and the end, not the middle.
Readers tend to look at items presented early in a list and late in a list, but largely ignore the middle of a list. So, I don’t guess you’ll be paying much attention to numbers 3-7!
2. Testimonials = Social Proof.
“When you say it, it’s marketing. When they say it, it’s social proof.” – Author Unknown
3. Visit NativeAdvertising.com to see all of the top-rated native ads.
4. Eliminate jargon in your copy.
Keep your words simple and few.
5. Pictures = Persuasion.
Show pictures and lots of them.
6. Use Odd Numbers in Headlines.
Odd numbers are more powerful than even numbers. (There’s a reason this list has nine items)
7. Check out this FREE headline analyzer tool for better headlines.
8. We’re hard-wired to look at faces.
So let’s see more smiling mugs.
9. Video is much more powerful than text.
Use it at every opportunity.
There you have it - Brain Secrets to Produce Better Marketing
I’m hoping you can take just one of these, apply it, and get better.